Take off paint rubs with these tips from Turtle Wax
A paint transfer refers to the colored marks left on your paint when another car or a painted object rubs your car. Paint transfers can be removed at home by following these simple steps.
1. Start with a light paint cleaner. In this case, we recommend using Turtle Wax® Renew Rx™ Scratch & Swirl Remover, because it is non-abrasive and will remove old wax and grime. It prepares the surface to start removing the paint transfer.
2. Apply the cleaner with a microfiber pad or cloth.
3. Rub the cleaner against the transferred paint. Put some muscle behind it, but do not rub too hard, as you could damage the paint.
4. After rubbing the cleaner on the paint for about a minute, check your progress. You may need to repeat the process a few times to completely remove the paint transfer.
5. Once the paint transfer has been completely removed, apply Turtle Wax® ICE® Spray Wax to restore shine and add a layer of protection.
© Turtle Wax, Inc 2014