SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT WON YET. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
These Sweepstakes Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) apply to the Turtle Wax Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) to be conducted during the Sweepstakes Entry Period described below. You are providing your information to Turtle Wax, Inc., (“Turtle Wax”) and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Turtle Wax privacy policies found at: https://www.turtlewax.com/privacy-policy (U.S. Policy).
By entering the Sweepstakes, you understand you are providing your information to Turtle Wax, and you may receive marketing emails from Turtle Wax.
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails after you receive your first email. Opt out instructions are always available within Turtle Wax’s marketing emails.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins Tuesday, February 7, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. CT, Sunday, February 12, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, competition, or sweepstakes.
(A) General Requirements: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, (“U.S.”), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in your state of residence, whichever is older) at the time of Entry (“Entrant”). Employees of Turtle Wax or its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, attorneys, successors and assigns, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and the immediate family members or individuals living in the same house hold of such persons, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win any Prize. For purposes of these eligibility rules, “immediate family members” means spouse, children, parents, parents of spouse, siblings, and spouse’s siblings. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
(B) Additional Eligibility Requirements: Prior to being eligible to receive any Prize, an Entrant who has been selected as a potential winner of the Sweepstakes must provide Sponsor with any information or certifications needed by Sponsor, in its sole judgment, for purposes relating to the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, a person who has been selected as a potential winner of the Sweepstakes may be required to complete and sign (1) a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited), and (2) any other document Sponsor determines is required, necessary or
appropriate, in its sole judgment, to confirm the winner’s eligibility and for tax reporting purposes.
Being eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or receive a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations.
The Sponsor does not take any responsibility for incomplete entries and any incomplete entries will not be considered a valid Entry into the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any attempted entries which are not completed for any reason. All Entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes shall be void where prohibited by law or regulation, and all eligibility is subject to all federal, state, province, and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING ALL OFFICIAL RULES.
An individual with a spouse may enter the Sweepstakes by (a) posting a photo on Instagram of themselves on their wedding day (each, an “Entry Photo”), (b) tagging @TurtleWax, and (c) including #TurtleWaxValentine in the caption. Each eligible Entrant who completes the above steps during the Sweepstakes Entry Period will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes.
If Entrant opts to access the Sweepstakes via their wireless mobile device (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from Entrant’s device according to the terms and conditions of their service agreement with their wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on Entrant’s mobile phone/device bill or be deducted from their prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and Entrant should contact their wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check mobile device's capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
Limit: Only one (1) Sweepstakes entry is permitted per couple.
4. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR. The Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by Turtle Wax, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), located at 2250 W. Pinehurst Blvd., Suite 150, Addison, IL 60101 USA.
5. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners by means of a random drawing from all eligible entries for the Sweepstakes on or around February 14, 2023. Each potential prize winner will be notified by Instagram direct message and e-mail address, using the contact information provided by such person at the time of entry. Each potential winner must provide Sponsor with identification and contact information so that Sponsor may verify the potential winner’s eligibility and deliver the Prize. If a potential winner cannot or does not satisfy the foregoing condition or any of the conditions described in the “Eligibility” section above, an alternate potential winner will be selected in the same manner as the first potential winner was selected. The decisions of Sponsor as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential and final winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Verification of Potential Winners. Each potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility by Sponsor. An Entrant is not a winner of any Prize, even if the Entrant has been notified that his or her name has been selected in the random drawing, unless and until such Entrant’s eligibility and identity have been verified and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
The potential Sweepstakes winner may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release and may be required to sign and return other documents requested by Sponsor, all of which must be received by Sponsor within four (4) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent to the potential winner, in order to claim the Prize. At any time, if (i) Sponsor determines that a person who is selected as a potential winner is not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, or (ii) a person whose name is drawn refuses to accept the selection as a winner, or (iii) a person whose name is drawn cannot or does not complete the eligibility requirements described in "Additional Eligibility Requirements" above, including without limitation a failure to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (when applicable) or provide any other requested information within the required time period, or (iv) a person cannot be contacted, or (v) a prize winner’s Prize is returned as undeliverable, then that person will be ineligible to win a Prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or ineligible for any reason, the potential winner will not receive any Prize and Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held for each winner, after which the Prize will remain un-awarded.
6. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING. Sponsor will award twenty (20) Prizes, each of which be a $100 Visa branded virtual gift card redeemable where accepted. Estimated retail value of each Prize is $100. Odds of winning any Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, and only a total of twenty (20) Prizes will be awarded (one Prize to each of the twenty (20) winners). Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use.
Prizes will be awarded within approximately 30 days after the winner is verified via delivery of the virtual gift card to the e-mail address provided by the winner.
Limit one Prize per family or household. Prize winner may not substitute or transfer or exchange a Prize and no cash alternative is offered. Virtual prepaid cards are not redeemable for cash. Virtual prepaid cards may not be used retroactively for prior purchases. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control makes it necessary to do so.
7. ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS/WAIVERS. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of Entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators: (A) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, INSURERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND LEGAL ADVISORS (collectively, “Released Parties”) from all losses or damage that are not directly foreseeable as a result of, Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof Sponsor does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to Entrants where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Sponsor’s negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Each Entrant further represents and warrants to the Released Parties that the Entrant has full ownership of and rights to the Entry Photo, that the Entry Photo is not subject to any other person’s intellectual property rights, and that the Entrant has obtained any and all consents needed to enter the Entry Photo in the Sweepstakes.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's entry into the Sweepstakes is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry into the Sweepstakes, if possible. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or
claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. ENTRIES MUST COMPLY WITH ALL GUIDELINES AND ALL OTHER OFFICIAL RULES. All Entries are subject to verification and approval by the Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the Entry requirements specified or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be disqualified. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid Entry. Entries made on another’s behalf by any individuals or other entities, including but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited, and any Entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an Entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all participants and Entrants release the Sweepstakes Entities from and against all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with each Entrant's participation and Entry in this Sweepstakes and his/her receipt or use of the Prize awarded in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to review and delink any Entry Photo that does not align with Sponsor’s brand guidelines, which include but are not limited to; individuals featured without their consent, minors under the age of 18 featured, nudity, and profanity. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures impair the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and may award any Prize based on eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the Prize or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or manmade epidemic or pandemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor despite or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance,
terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, province or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a Force Majeure” event or occurrence), the Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will (if possible) award the Prize to a randomly selected eligible Entrant. Only the type and quantity of Prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the website or any online service related to the Sweepstakes or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entrant from the Sweepstakes, seek damages (including attorneys’ fees where permitted by law) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading any Entry-related information or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the internet, or any other technical problems related to Entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of an online Entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any Entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account
holder of the e-mail associated with the entry to Sponsor’s satisfaction.
10. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS.
Prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, Federal and State/Province tax, and all other costs incurred in claiming the Prize. Winner must sign and return within seven (7) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and, where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively “the Releases”). The Releases may require the winner to furnish their Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected by Sponsor as described above in Selection of Winners.
Once the Entry and Entrant eligibility has been verified and the Sponsor receives the winner’s e-mail address, the Sponsor will arrange to award the Prize. Neither Sponsor nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates nor any of their respective officers, directors, employees or agents shall be liable for any unsuccessful efforts to notify or communicate with a potential winner.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual and Entrant who is found to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
Any attempt by the Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including but not limited to Entries made using any script, macro, bot or Sweepstakes service) to participate is prohibited and entrants using these e-mail addresses may be disqualified.
All Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence regarding Entries will be entered into with Entrants. Proof of submitting
entry information will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries received that are illegible, incomplete, or are not submitted by the entry method outlined above or interfere with the spirit of the entry process will be disqualified. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will not be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and reject any Entries that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
12. LEGAL WARNING.
Any attempt by an individual, whether or not an Entrant, to deliberately damage, destroy, tamper or vandalize this web site or interfere with the operation of the sweepstakes, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and diligently pursue all remedies against any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
The Released Parties are not responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims relating to the failure of an Entry arising from or in any way relating to any errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise, including but not limited to: (i) the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; and (v) printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or materials.
14. ARBITRATION/GOVERNING LAW.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Sweepstakes Entities, in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States and the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participation in this Sweepstakes.
Each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction, (4) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs, but in no
event including attorneys' fees, disbursements or arbitration costs; and (5) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs, and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
15. PRIVACY LAW - ALL ENTRANTS.
16. WINNER’S LIST.
For the name of the prize winners, available after February 20, 2023, send a self-addressed appropriately stamped envelope to: Turtle Wax Road Trip Sweepstakes Winner, 2250 West Pinehurst Blvd., Suite 150, Addison, IL 60101. Requests must be received on or before March 23, 2023.