Turtle Wax’s 2022 Road Trip Sweepstakes
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
You are providing your information to Turtle Wax, Inc., (“Turtle Wax”) and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Turtle Wax privacy policies found at: https://www.turtlewax.com/privacy-policy (U.S. Policy), https://www.turtlewax.co.uk/pages/privacy-policy (UK Policy).
By making a purchase and entering the Sweepstakes, you understand you are providing your information to Turtle Wax and you may receive marketing emails from Turtle Wax. You may opt out of participation after you receive your first email. Opt out instructions are always available within Turtle Wax’s marketing emails.
SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION AND ENTRY DATE
- The Turtle Wax Road Trip Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or “Competition”) entry period begins Friday, December 3, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) /7:00 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. CT/6:00 p.m. GMT, Friday, December 31, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, competition or sweepstakes.
- There will be one (1) random drawing from all eligible entries received (“Entry(ies)”) to be conducted on or about Friday, January 14, 2022, to award one (1) prize (“Prize”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Turtle Wax, Inc., 2250 W. Pinehurst Blvd., Suite 150, Addison, IL 60101 USA (“Sponsor”), and COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC, Framingham, MA 01702 USA cfapromo.com (“Administrator”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum. Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, (“U.S.”) and legal residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland), (“UK”), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE/PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER) at the time of Entry (“Entrant”). The name of the "authorized account holder" associated with any given online order or Alternate Method of Entry (“AMOE”) name will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with all Official Rules. By submitting an Entry, you hereby release Sponsor, Administrator, and all of their respective affiliated entities, and all of their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), from any and all claims relating to your Entry, including without limitation, claims arising from technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure, the risk of misdirection or failed delivery of your Entry. Any employee of the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and children regardless of where they reside) and/or people living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. The Sponsor does not take any responsibility for incomplete entries and any incomplete entries will not be considered a valid Entry into the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any attempted entries which are not completed for any reason. All Entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes shall be void where prohibited by law or regulation, and all eligibility is subject to all federal, state, province, and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING ALL OFFICIAL RULES. You may enter this Sweepstakes two ways:
- Method #1:
Visit the Sponsor’s website, for U.S. Residents https://www.turtlewax.com/ or for UK residents https://www.turtlewax.co.uk/ during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Add $80 USD (£58.76 GBP) or more to your cart. Add your email to the subsequent pop-up box notification that appears on the website related to the Sweepstakes, and “click” the Enter Sweepstakes/Competition button for one automatic entry into the Turtle Wax 2022 Road Trip Sweepstakes after completion of checkout process.
- Method #2:
To enter by mail without any purchase necessary: hand print in ink your name, complete address, telephone number and age on a postcard and mail to:
The Turtle Wax 2022 Road Trip Sweepstakes Entry, PO Box 2001, Framingham, MA 01703-2001.
Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 12/31/21 to be received no later than 1/13/22. No photocopies, facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, or postage due entries or mail.
The information you provide will be used to contact you if you are selected as the potential Prize Winner.
If Entrant opts to access the Sweepstakes via their wireless mobile device (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from Entrant’s device according to the terms and conditions of their service agreement with their wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on Entrant’s mobile phone/device bill or be deducted from their prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and Entrant should contact their wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check mobile device's capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
One entry per person, regardless of method of entry. All methods of entry have an equal chance of winning. All entries become the Property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- ENTRIES MUST COMPLY WITH ALL GUIDELINES AND ALL OTHER OFFICIAL RULES. All Entries are subject to verification and approval by the Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the Entry requirements specified or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be disqualified. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid Entry.
- Entries made on another’s behalf by any individuals or other entities, including but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited, and any Entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an Entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all participants and Entrants release the Sweepstakes Entities from and against all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with each Entrant's participation and Entry in this Sweepstakes and his/her receipt or use of the Prize awarded in this Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures impair the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and may award any Prize based on eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the Prize or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or manmade epidemic or pandemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor despite or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, province or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a Force Majeure” event or occurrence), the Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will (if possible) award the Prize to a randomly selected eligible Entrant. Only the type and quantity of Prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded.
- Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the website or any online service related to the sweepstakes or to undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entrant from the Sweepstakes, seek damages (including attorneys’ fees where permitted by law) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading any Entry-related information or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the internet, or any other technical problems related to Entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
- RANDOM DRAWING (a/k/a Prize Draw):
A random drawing will be conducted on or about Monday, January 14, 2022 from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period by the Administrator to award one (1) Prize. Conduct of the Sweepstakes and the drawing are under the supervision of the Administrator.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION:
The potential prize winner will be notified by phone and/or by email or mail or express mail, whichever is deemed appropriate by the Administrator, using the contact information provided at the time of entry.
Prize will be awarded within approximately 45 days after the winner is verified via a check mailed to the address provided.
Winners are responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning a prize.
Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within four (4) calendar days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will forfeit his or her Prize and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting). If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the e-mail associated with the entry to Sponsor’s satisfaction.
- GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS:
Prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, Federal and State/Province tax, and all other costs incurred in claiming the Prize. Winner must sign and return within seven (7) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, an IRS 1099 Form (if winner is in the U.S.) and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively “the Releases”). The Releases will require the winner to furnish their Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected by Sponsor(time permitting).
Once the Entry and Entrant eligibility has been verified and the Administrator receives the winner’s mailing address, the Administrator will arrange to award the Prize. Neither Sponsor nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates nor any of their respective officers, directors, employees or agents shall be liable for any unsuccessful efforts to notify or communicate with a potential winner.
By entering, each Entrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of Entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators: (A) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, INSURERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND LEGAL ADVISORS (collectively, “Released Parties”) from all losses or damage that are not directly foreseeable as a result of, Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof Sponsor does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to Entrants where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Sponsor’s negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion
- PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING:
Only the prize listed below will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
One (1) Prize: US $4,500 if winner is in the U.S.; £3,305.14 GBP if winner is in the UK (Prize awarded in the form of a check payable to the winner.
Total approximate retail value of this Prize is US $4,500 (£3,305.14 GBP).
Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, undeliverable, returned, refused or stolen Prize. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable local, state, province and/or federal taxes (if any). Actual value may vary based on fluctuations in the marketplace and currency conversion.
The winner will receive an IRS form 1099 issued in the winner’s name if required by law. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS.”
Limit one prize per family or household. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so. All prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual and Entrant who is found to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
Any attempt by the Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including but not limited to Entries made using any script, macro, bot or Sweepstakes service) to participate is prohibited and entrants using these email addresses may be disqualified.
In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” of an email address is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If more than one person is shown as a responsible party, then the first named person will be deemed the Authorized Account Holder unless the individuals on the account otherwise agree. Administrator’s determination of the winner in case of a dispute will be final and binding.
All Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence regarding Entries will be entered into with Entrants. Proof of submitting entry information will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Entries received that are illegible, incomplete, or are not submitted by the entry method outlined above or interfere with the spirit of the entry process will be disqualified. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will not be eligible. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify and reject any Entries that Sponsor, and Administrator determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
- LEGAL WARNING:
Any attempt by an individual, whether or not an Entrant, to deliberately damage, destroy, tamper or vandalize this web site or interfere with the operation of the sweepstakes, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and diligently pursue all remedies against any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
The Released Parties are not responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims relating to the failure of an Entry arising from or in any way relating to any errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise, including but not limited to: (i) the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; and (v) printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or materials.
- ARBITRATION/GOVERNING LAW
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Sweepstakes Entities, in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States and the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participation in this Sweepstakes.
- S. Entrants:
Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction, (4) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs, but in no event including attorneys' fees, disbursements or arbitration costs; and (5) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs, and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- K. Entrants:
Entrants may bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If the Entrant lives in Scotland, they may bring legal proceedings in respect of the Sweepstakes in either the Scottish or the English courts.
- PRIVACY LAW - ALL ENTRANTS:
- WINNER’S LIST:
For the name of the prize winner (available after January 14, 2022), send a self-addressed appropriately stamped envelope to: Turtle Wax Road Trip Sweepstakes Winner, PO Box 2312, Framingham, MA 01703-2312 USA. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the announcement date of the winner.