By posting any pictures, comments or video, you understand, acknowledge and agree to grant, without limitation to use your video, your name and/or likeness for any advertising and promotion purpose without further compensation, to Turtle Wax, Inc. and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated corporations and their respective successors, assigns, licensees, employees and agents the right to record and reproduce or otherwise use your likeness in and in connection with the production, exhibition, exploitation and promotion of the Turtle Wax and its products, in all forms of media now know or hereinafter invented throughout the world an unlimited number of times
Contents and Hyperlinks
This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites, and those websites are the sole responsibility of such independent third parties, and use thereof is solely at your own risk. Turtle Wax has no control over the content or policies of such third party websites, and we are not responsible for (and under no circumstances shall be liable for) the contents, accuracy or reliability of any websites hyperlinked to this website. Those who choose to access information from this website (including any information obtained through any hyperlink) are solely responsible for the compliance of such information with any applicable law.
If you want to link to this website, please contact [email protected] before creating that link so the site may be previewed. Turtle Wax expressly forbids the unauthorized use of its logos, trademarks, or other graphics to create links. Text links are permitted upon approval.
US Terms & Conditions of the Turtle Wax Destination Guide Competition
The following terms and all entry instructions elsewhere on the Site will apply to the Turtle Wax Destination Guide Competition.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- The Turtle Wax Destination Guide Competition (“Competition”) is open to legal residents of 50 United States and the District of Columbia, aged 18 and older at the time of entry.
- Employees, officers and directors (including immediate family members and members of the same household) of Turtle Wax, Inc. (“Turtle Wax” or “Sponsor”) and its partners (Turtle Wax Europe, Mosquito Digital Ltd and Zeno Group) are excluded from entering the Competition. Entries submitted by Turtle Wax and its partners will therefore be deemed invalid. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for the Competition (“Official Rules”). All federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations apply.
- No purchase necessary - entry to the Competition is free.
- Potential contestants were selected for this Competition through online research conducted by Mosquito Digital to identify automotive and travel orientated blogs and YouTube Channels. Potential contestants were then contacted via email by Mosquito Digital and any potential contestants who responded to indicate their interest in participating in the Competition, and supplied valid contact information details (including mailing address), were confirmed as potential contestants.
- Once confirmed, potential contestants selected for the Competition will be sent one complimentary bottle of Turtle Wax Quick & Easy Exterior 1 Waterless Wash & Wax to the mailing address provided, along with a set of complementary travel gifts (a travel journal, a luggage tag, a travel cup, a neck pillow and a microfibre cloth).
- To enter this Competition, potential contestants must complete the following steps (“Entry Steps”): (i) take Turtle Wax Quick & Easy Exterior 1 Waterless Wash & Wax to a location of their choice; (ii) use the product on their vehicle; (iii) create a piece of blog or video content (“Content”) about their experience using Turtle Wax Quick & Easy Exterior 1 Waterless Wash & Wax on the road; (iv) state within the Content that the product was gifted by Turtle Wax (“Required Comment”); (v) include a ‘followed’ web link to the product page within the Content or description: https://www.turtlewax.com/en-us/our-products/exterior-1-waterless-wash-wax/; (vi) publish the Content on their website blog or YouTube channel and include the hashtag #Contest (“Required Hashtag”); and (vii) notify Turtle Wax of their entry in the Competition by sending a notification of entry email to the Mosquito Digital representative (acting on behalf of Turtle Wax) at [email protected]. Your Entry must include the Required Comment and Required Hashtag to be eligible. Each potential contestant completing the Entry Steps will receive one entry (each an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”) into the Competition.
- In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry. Turtle Wax is not responsible for incorrect transcription of Entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failure, or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction. No other forms of Entry are valid other than as set forth above. Turtle Wax reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
The Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)
- The winner of the Competition will receive the following first prize: $250 Gift Voucher for Glamping Hub, with an ARV of $250.
- The two runner-up prize winners of this Competition will each receive the following runner-up prize: a $100 Airbnb voucher, with an ARV of $100.
- The total ARV of all prizes awarded in this Competition is $450.
- The prizes awarded in this Competition are subject to the standard Glamping Hub or Airbnb Terms and Conditions that apply to each prize respectively.
- Each prize is non-transferrable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, has no cash value, and must be accepted by an Entrant as awarded. Turtle Wax is not responsible for any loss or damage to the prize. If a prize offered becomes unavailable for any reason, Turtle Wax reserves the right to provide an alternate prize of equal or greater value. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Each winner will be responsible for all taxes, income taxes and/or sales taxes (federal, state and local) and all other expenses not specifically mentioned here related to acceptance and use of the Prizes. A winner may waive his/her right to receive a prize.
Competition Judging and Prize Delivery
- The Competition will commence at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on Monday, August 12, 2019 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Friday, September 13, 2019 (“Competition Period”).
- Only one Entry per person is permitted.
- Entry does not guarantee a prize.
- Once the Competition Period has closed, a judging panel will convene to determine the prize winners. The judging panel will include qualified representatives from Turtle Wax and its partner Mosquito Digital and at least one independent member. Details of the judging panel will be available on request.
- The judging panel will review each of the Entries based on the following judging criteria: how creative, engaging and informative each entrant’s Content is. The judging panel will rank the Entries based on the judging panel’s review and the highest scoring Entry will win the first prize and the next two highest scoring Entries will receive the runner-up prizes.
- The judges’ decisions are final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decisions.
- Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries received and the quality of the Entries.
- The winners will be notified by Monday, September 23, 2019, using the email address provided at the time of entry. A winner must respond to the notification email within 28 days of receiving notification.
- If a winner fails to respond to the notification email or otherwise does not contact Turtle Wax within 28 days of notification, or is not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond Turtle Wax's reasonable control, then Turtle Wax reserves the right to award the prize(s) to another participant(s).
- The prize will be sent by Turtle Wax to the email address provided by the winners. The prize will be sent to each winner within 7 days of the winner’s prize claim.
- Neither Turtle Wax nor Mosquito Digital will be liable for any events that render the Competition, or the rewarding of the prize impossible, that are beyond their control. Turtle Wax may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the Competition.
- By entering, each entrant agrees that he or she will abide by and be bound by these Official Rules.
- If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Turtle Wax, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, viability, or proper conduct of the Competition, Turtle Wax reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Competition. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed receipt of such Entry by Turtle Wax.
- To obtain the first name, last initial, hometown and state of the winners, send an email request to [email protected]. Requests for winners must be received no later than three months after the winners are confirmed.
- Except where prohibited by law, winners may be required, at Turtle Wax’s request, to participate in reasonable promotional activity (such as social media publicity, photography and videography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge. Prior consent will be requested from the winner in advance of any promotional activity.
- Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Competition constitutes each winner's consent to Turtle Wax and Mosquito Digital for the use of winner’s name, city, state, biographical information, likeness, image, photograph, voice, and opinions for advertising and promotional purposes in any media throughout the world, in perpetuity, without further notice, payment or consideration, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- To ensure fairness and the integrity of the Competition to all participants, Turtle Wax will not enter into discussions regarding the running of this Competition publicly via social media, but will respond to questions via direct message or sent by email.
- Turtle Wax’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Competition.
• This Competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A. The courts of Illinois shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this competition.
- The personal information entrants provide will be used by Turtle Wax and Mosquito Digital for the purpose of conducting this Competition, such as winner communication, and will be treated in accordance with these Official Rules and the privacy policies of Turtle Wax and Mosquito Digital. Turtle Wax and Mosquito Digital may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Competition or communicating with entrants. For more details about how Turtle Wax uses your personal data see its privacy notice here and for more details about how Mosquito Digital uses your personal data see its privacy notice here.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Competition is Turtle Wax, Inc., 2250 W. Pinehurst Blvd., Suite 150, Addison, IL 60101, U.S.A.
- ADMINISTRATOR: The Administrator of this Competition is Mosquito Digital Limited, 20 Dale Street, Manchester, M1 1EZ.
Copyright and permissions
- All blog, video and photographic Content must be the exclusive work of the entrant and may not include any element that is the copyright of another.
• Turtle Wax reserves the right to request from the entrant a copy of the original video and photograph files and to eliminate Entries where such a request is ignored or where it is suspected that the rules have been infringed.
• By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that: (i)) the Entry is your original work; (ii) the Entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark and patent rights, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (iii) the Entry has not been previously published in any medium; (iv) no image editing software has been used on the Entry; (v) you have obtained permission from any person whose name or likeness is used in the Entry; (vi) the Entry has not won previous awards; and (vii) the publication of the Entry via various media, including web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Each entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Turtle Wax and its partners from any claims to the contrary.
- Content must not violate the rights of any other party, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights or rights of privacy/publicity. Entries may not contain, as determined by the Turtle Wax, in its sole discretion, any content that: (i) is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; (ii) is obscene or offensive; (iii) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies; (iv) contains any unauthorized third-party products or trademarks; (v) infringes the rights of any third-party; (ix) violates any law; and/or (vi) promotes any direct competitor to Turtle Wax.
- By entering the Competition and submitting your Content, you hereby grant Turtle Wax and its partners (including Mosquito Digital) a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to use your Content for any purpose connected with the Competition, including (but not limited to), promoting the Competition within printed and online media, the inclusion within printed and digital versions of any competition book, the inclusion within printed and digital versions of any competition calendar or other merchandise, display at exhibitions, use in press, promotional and marketing materials, social media networks and for the promotion of any future photographic competition in both print and online media.
Liabilities and Indemnification
- By entering, each entrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators: (a) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS TURTLE WAX, ITS PARTNERS (INCLUDING MOSQUITO DIGITAL), AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, INSURERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND LEGAL ADVISORS (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize or any portion thereof; (b) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Competition itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Turtle Wax, which are binding and final.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from or in any way relating to any errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise, including but not limited to: (a) lost, late, misdirected, delay or incomplete, Entries or emails; (b) the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (d) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Competition; (e) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of Entries; (f) printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Competition-related advertisements or materials; (g) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Competition, (h) use of any prize; and (i) the prize award process including the outcome of the Competition.