Stickers on our cars can say a lot about us – what candidates we support, what causes are important to us or even where we have lived. However, we may not want them to, ahem, stick around forever. Here are a few tips to get rid of those outdated stickers or parking tickets.
What you need:
-Razor blade or a box cutter (if removing from glass)
-Plastic putty knife or sturdy plastic card (like a credit card)
-Two clean rags or detailing towels
-Quick detailing spray
What to do:
1. Make sure the area is free of dirt. The best time to remove stickers is usually right washing your car.
2. Saturate the sticker with a sticker removing solution, such as Turtle Wax® Renew Rx™ Label & Sticker Remover. Let the solution set in for a few minutes to dissolve the adhesives.
3. Use a plastic putty knife or card to slide under a corner of the sticker and start to peel it up. Depending on the type of sticker, it may take several applications of solution to get it all.
Note: If you're removing a sticker from your car's glass, use the box cutter or razor blade at a slight angle. Do not use a box cutter or razor blade on your car's paint; it will cause damage. On glass, if needed, apply heavier pressure to remove the sticker.
4. Continue to push the plastic card or putty knife underneath the sticker until it completely breaks away from the car's surface. It is completely normal for the sticker to break apart during this removal process.
5. Once sticker is removed, spray product on a cloth and wipe off any remaining adhesive that may have been left behind.
© Turtle Wax, Inc 2014