How-To Restore Faded Trim
Have you noticed that some areas of your car look aged and weathered? An easy way to renew your car to like new is by restoring the exterior plastic & rubber trim. Exterior surfaces can fade, caused by exposure to the sun’s UV rays, and the vibrant color can become grey and dull. Using a Trim Restoration product will renew the shine, color and appearance of plastic and rubber. Trim Restorers also provide an extra layer of protection from future fading, keeping that like-new appearance longer.
Restore faded trim on older or weathered cars
- Clean trim by washing car. Try Turtle Wax M.A.X.-Power Car Wash for safe & powerful cleaning.
- Apply Black in a Flash Trim and Tyre Wax gel using a foam applicator or microfiber cloth.
- Use a back and fourth, overlapping motion to make sure the product is evenly applied to the entire plastic area.
- Wait 10 minutes for product to dry to avoid dripping or streaking. Alternatively if you have chosen the aerosol spray directly onto the surface and leave for 1 minute to dry.
- NOTE: These products are made for plastic & rubber, not for your car’s paint.
- Apply up to 2-3 additional layers if desired. This will darken the trim to it’s original shiny black appearance and add more protection.
- Black in a Flash will last for several months. It’s recommended to reapply once a season during the year.
“Great product, no streaks and no horrible smell.”SAMANTHAB870
Shine and protect trim on newer cars
- Use Tyre and Bumper Gel once a month to renew the shine of exterior plastic & rubber. This will also add protection from UV rays and weather from rain & snow. Turtle Wax Tyre and Bumper Gel can be purchased on the Turtle Wax online store.
- Simply apply directly to the surface and spread evenly with a microfiber cloth.
- Add layers to increase the level of shine.